Pages

Julia Child - Mastering the Art of French Cooking".

Tuesday 24 January 2012

I think I might give this a go - take on what Julie did in the movie Julie and Julia (see below)



I have gradually accumulated a love of cooking, especially since Cyris and I have had our own little home in the city. I would love to try Julia Childs recipes, finding any of her books in a second hand book shop will be the tricky bit.
Ever since the book above was made into a movie, the Julia Child book prices have soared and her books have been snached up by every amature cook, who like myself, have been inspired by it to take on the challenges of french cooking.

Boning a duck, or "pate de canard en croute", (a whole duck stuffed with meat in pastry) interests me, I might have to wait untill Cyris goes out however, as the smell/ taste of duck makes him sick lol It will be a challenge but a fun one. Will post pics when I have the time to do it/ the money to buy a freash duck :)



No comments:

Post a Comment